Danish choral music evening
Friday, October 18, 2019, 6:45 PM
Helsingør Kammerkor, one of the most excellent Danish classical music choir, performs in Kraków’s St Nicholas Church presenting a selection of songs throughout the ages penned by outstanding composers from their motherland.
Forty-voice strong Helsingør Kammerkor was founded almost 70 years ago. They sings both songs and psalms a cappella as well as bigger vocal and vocal-instrumental forms such as Liszt’s Missa Choralis, Vivaldi’s Gloria, Fauré’s Requiem, Verdi’s Requiem, and Mozart’s Waisenhausmesse. The choir performs in Denmark and abroad (Salzburg cathedral, National Gallery in Oslo).
- Niels W. Gade Morgen sang (I Østen Stiger…) cantata from Elf-shot
- Peter Lange-Müller Ave Maris Stella
- Carl Nielsen Vi sletternes sønner
- Carl Nielsen Min pige er så lys som rav
- Rued Langgaard Vel må jeg kysse dig (Rosengårdsviser, No. 1)
- Svend S. Schultz Yndigt dufter Danmark
- Svend S. Schultz De vilde blomster (Gensyn med Danmark, No. 2)
- Niels La Cour Fred hviler over land og by
St Nicholas' Church
ul. Kopernika 9
St Mary’s Church
Rynek Główny 5A history spanning over eight centuries, a high altar by Veit Stoss (Wit Stwosz), a bugle call, the...
Wawel HillA limestone rock rising above the Vistula in the centre of Kraków, an ancient centre of...
ICE Kraków Congress Centre
ul. Konopnickiej 17A modern venue hosting concerts, theatrical performances, exhibitions, congresses, conferences, and...
Rynek Główny 1-3One of the symbols of city, a pearl of renaissance architecture, Kraków’s oldest...
Oskar Schindler’s Enamel Factory
ul. Lipowa 4REOPENED ON JUNE 4, 2020 Where the tumultuous history of a world war meets everyday life, and...
WawelThe cave that the legendary dragon inhabited leads down from Wawel Hill to the bank of the Vistula....