To visit Kraków and not go to the Main Market Square!? And how about St Mary’s Church? Wawel? No time for Kazimierz!? The list below names the real must-sees, which you cannot really fail to visit while in Kraków, and we, as diehard Krakovians, whether by birth or choice, have added a handful of special missions:
- Have a pretzel on the market square.
- Walk along the Vistula.
- Listen to the bugle call from the taller tower of St Mary’s.
- Climb the Mound of King Krakus, possibly the city’s oldest structure in the entire city
- Try the ice cream on ul. Starowiślna 83 (summer mission)
- See the Wawel Dragon breathe fire.
- Sit on a bench in the Planty, a ring of parkland (Beware of the pigeons overhead!)
- Have a coffee in one of the many cafés in Kazimierz.
- Kiss the apple of your eye on Father Bernatek Footbridge.